Reception
Branford House Mansion, Avery Point
1084 Shennecossett Road
Groton, CT 06234
http://www.branford.uconn.edu/
view map

Information for our guests

We could not be more excited to have Jay Stollman and his 8 piece dance/party band with DJ preform at our wedding! They are amazing and we are so lucky to have them!

Driving directions

If you are staying at the Mystic Marriott, transportation will be provided from the Church to the cocktail hour/reception at The Branford House Mansion and back to the Mystic Marriott after the reception. 
 
Saint Mary's to The Branford House
1. Head northwest on Groton Long Point Rd toward US-1 N/New London Rd
2. Turn left onto Fort Hill Rd
3. Continue onto Poquonnock Rd
4. Turn left to stay on Poquonnock Rd
5. Take the 3rd left onto Johl Dr
6. Turn left onto High Rock Rd
7. Turn right onto Thomas Rd
8. Take the 1st left onto Shennecossett Rd
9. Turn right to stay on Shennecossett Rd
10. Slight left to stay on Shennecossett Rd
 
Please follow the signs to the wedding.  Parking for events is in the student parking area, and limited handicapped parking is near the mansion.

The Branford House to the Mystic Marriott

1.Head east on Shennecossett Rd toward Tyler Ave
2.Turn left to stay on Shennecossett Rd
3. Turn right onto Thomas Rd
4. Turn left onto High Rock Rd
5. Turn right onto Poquonnock Rd
6. Turn right to stay on Poquonnock Rd
7. Continue onto Fort Hill Rd
8. Turn left onto CT-117 N/Newtown Rd.
9.Marriott will be on the right

 

        
 


 

Branford House History

Branford House was originally a 31-room mansion that rivaled those found in Newport. It was built at a cost of three million dollars in 1903 when Groton Savings Bank at the time had $312,738.39. Features included panoramic views of Fishers Island and Long Island Sound, its two-story fireplace, a winding staircase of imported Italian marble, and paneled walls carved by Italian and German craftsmen.

The lighthouse was completed in March of 1942, which made it the last lighthouse built in Connecticut.

Avery Point and the Branford House have had a unique history over the past century. It has gone through many transformations from being the home of one of the areas most colorful and beloved benefactors to a military establishment, and finally becoming an institution of higher education The refurbishment of the mansion was finishing during the summer of 2001.

Search for other websites on The Knot